- Open phpMyAdmin.
- Select the database you want to export in the left sidebar.
- Click the ‘Export’ button present in the top most row of your screen.
- Make sure that all the tables are selected in the ‘Export’ menu present at the top left corner of the page.
- Tick ‘Add DROP TABLE / DROP VIEW’ present in the ‘Structure’ menu.
- Tick ‘Save as file’ present at the bottom of the page and click ‘Go’ button.
MySQL backup file would get downloaded.
- Open phpMyAdmin
- Click on databases
- Select the database in which you want to import your data.
- Click on the ‘Import’ tab present in row at the top of your screen.
- Under the heading ‘File to import’ click on the ‘Choose File’ button.
- Locate the file located on your system.
- Now click ‘Go’ button.